Application Deadline: July 24th, 2015
Target Start Date: August 31st, 2015
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Location: San Francisco, CA
We want a driven and smart Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help build our growing sales team. Upon mastering our sales process, the SDR will develop the top end of the sales funnel and take on increasing responsibility in all phases of the project development cycle with the ultimate goal of becoming a fully functioning Carbon Lighthouse account manager.
This position is perfect for someone who enjoys taking on a wide range of responsibilities, including: qualifying and developing client relationships, financial modeling, market research, and building scalable tools and infrastructure. Dedication to Carbon Lighthouse’s environmental mission is essential.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is a software-enabled clean energy company that makes it profitable for buildings to become carbon neutral. Over the past 5 years we’ve worked in 380+ buildings and eliminated the emissions of two power plants. We accomplish this by finding and executing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects 10x more cost-effectively than traditional firms. Then, we compete with power plants for operating permits to balance our clients’ residual carbon footprint. We’ve been profitable every year since launch, have doubled revenues every year, and have 50,000 power plants left to eliminate. We are ready to multiply our positive environmental impact and this critical role will get us there faster.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and high performing team that prides itself on question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We prize transparency and communication, appreciate work-life balance, and support our team members’ professional and personal growth.
- Qualify and develop opportunities with commercial real estate firms
- Identify and prospect key decision makers and lay the foundation for long and strong relationships
- Provide support and analysis to the entire sales team including account managers, VP of Sales, and CEO
- Improve sales processes and contribute to sales and marketing strategy.
- Desire to work with a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment; adaptability is key
- Initiative to troubleshoot and improve processes
- Passion for the environment and energy
- Ability to work independently
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning basic energy efficiency and solar energy concepts
- Honesty, politeness, and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales or marketing experience
- Commercial real estate experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + Commission + Equity
- Health plan and subsidized public transit
- Generous vacation policy
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Click the “Apply” button below and fill out the brief application form. Be prepared to submit at least 3 references at a later date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we look forward to hearing from you.