Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles Metro Area, Hawaii, New York City Metro Area, Washington, DC Metro Area
Issue Date: April 1, 2018
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Carbon Lighthouse is seeking Preferred Contractors to help us deliver energy efficiency impact to our clients across the US.
Our focus areas include installation and/or optimization of lighting, HVAC mechanical systems and controls, and solar photovoltaic systems. The Carbon Lighthouse team works to identify highly customized solutions to maximize the amount of financial and environmental return for our client. Often these solutions encompass multiple scopes across a single client site; for example, HVAC controls optimization as well as a rooftop solar array.
Once we have identified and defined the scope, we engage our Preferred Contractor(s) to implement the scope. While we have significant in-house technical knowledge, we rely on the expertise and experience of our Preferred Contractors to get the job done. Our specialty is in delivering energy savings; as such, we specify the desired outcome and our Preferred Contractors have creative license to determine the best way to achieve that outcome. As a direct result of successful implementations, our Preferred Contractors enjoy consistent, repeat work.
Contractors that are a good fit are able to provide services in lighting, HVAC mechanical systems and/or controls, or solar in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles Metro Area, the state of Hawaii, New York City Metro Area, or Washington DC Metro Area. Preferred Contractors are committed to safety, excellent communication, reliability, and integrity. They have deep experience in their fields and are genuinely interested in partnership: In helping us improve as we in turn help them improve, so that together we succeed more than we each could alone.
About Carbon Lighthouse
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our Preferred Contractors’ success and professional development.
- Service area in at least one of the following geographic regions: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles Metro Area, Hawaii, New York City Metro Area, Washington, DC Metro Area
- Professional services in at least one of the following scope categories: Lighting, HVAC mechanical systems and/or controls, solar photovoltaic
- Hold a valid contractor’s license issued by the state in which work will be performed
- Commitment to safety as demonstrated by internal policies, practices, and safety metrics
- Ability to consistently comply with contractual obligations, both in relation to vendors and clients
- Proven track record of executing projects on time and on budget
- Impeccable project management and communication skills
- In-house technical expertise in relevant scope category
- Professionalism, integrity, and reliability
- Service area in more than one of the stated geographic regions
- Professional services in more than one of the stated scope categories
- Dedication to Carbon Lighthouse’s environmental mission
Apply for Consideration
If you’re excited about the possibility of becoming a Preferred Contractor and this looks like a good fit, please fill out the registration form by selecting “Apply Now”. Note that completion of this form is the first step in the process and does not imply that a contractor is approved for Preferred status.
Read more about How We Select Preferred Contractors.