Effective Date:November 2, 2018
Carbon Lighthouse Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website https://www.carbonlighthouse.com/ (the “Site”) and all associated communications with end-users, clients, customers and potential clients or customers, whether through the Site or through related outreach efforts we conduct.
We use collected data to improve our Site and the services we provide. By using the Site or providing information to us through any other medium, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We may collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our provision of services to you. Some of this collection occurs through third-party service providers, which are noted below along with their respective policies for privacy and GDPR compliance:
- Salesloft (used for emails and calls). More info may be found at: https://salesloft.com/gdpr-compliance/
- Hellosign (used for review and execution of digital contracts and service agreements. More info may be found at: https://www.hellosign.com/gdpr
- Salesforce Inbox (used in email correspondence for tracking outreach). More info may be found at: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring18/release-notes/rn_sales_einstein_eac_read_receipts.htm
While using our Site or communicating with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that may be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as end-user computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are small data files that may include anonymous unique identifiers. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We may also use tracking technologies such as beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Site.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. For general operation of our site and associated services
- Preference Cookies. To remember your preferences and various settings, where applicable
- Security Cookies. For security purposes.
Use of Data
Carbon Lighthouse may use collected data for various purposes, including the following:
- To provide and maintain the Site and associated services
- To notify you about changes to our Site or services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site if you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Site or our services
- To monitor the usage of the Site and our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Data
Carbon Lighthouse may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Carbon Lighthouse
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third parties to facilitate our Site or services (“Site Providers”), to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform Site-related or outreach services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used.
These third parties may have access to your Personal Data to perform these tasks on our behalf and maintain their own privacy policies for data security and compliance.
We may use third-party Site Providers, such as Google Analytics, to monitor and analyze the use of our Site. Please note:
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
Our Site does not purposefully address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.